$0.50 and 30 Minute Pralines
A quick and delicious praline recipe that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth! Includes modifications for whiskey or chocolate pralines!
Servings: 20 cookies
- 1.5 cups organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cups organic light brown sugar
- 1/2 cups 2% or whole milk
- 6 tbsp organic salted butter, cut into 1 tbsp pieces (if unsalted, add 1/8 tsp of salt)
- 1.5 cups pecans, either whole or in pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Lay out approximately 3 feet of aluminum foil or parchment paper on an empty countertop.
Combine all ingredients in the pot.
Bring to boil, stirring occasionally to make sure that nothing gets stuck to the pan.
Boil until mixture reaches 238F-240F, stirring constantly (~5 minutes).
Remove from heat, continue to stir constantly until mixture begins to thicken and you can hear the sugar against the side of the bowl (~5 minutes).
Work quickly to scoop ~20 cookies out onto to prepared aluminum foil.
Wait a couple minutes for the cookies to cool and enjoy!
For Whiskey Pralines: Add 1/2 cup of whiskey during Step 2.
For Chocolate Pralines: Add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder during Step 2.