$5 Crock Pot Short Rib Recipe for Brunch or Dinner!
Want to take brunch or dinner to the next level? Look no further than adding short rib into the mix! It takes no more than 10 minutes of prep time and after one bite, you’ll be wondering how you survived up to this point without this versatile and delicious $5 crock pot short rib recipe in your life.
Crock Pot Short Rib Recipe
$5 Crock Pot Short Rib
- 6 quart crock pot
- 10" Non-stick saute pan
- Tongs (a fork will work as a substitute)
- ~3 lbs short rib
- 1 cup beef broth (Better Than Bouillon Beef Base works great)
- 1-2 tbsp grapeseed or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper (~20 turns of a grinder)
- Heat pan on stovetop set to medium-high heat (7 out of 10).
- Once the pan is hot (~2-3 minutes), add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the short rib to the pan.
- Brown all sides of the short rib, using tongs or a fork to flip the meat.
- Transfer the short rib to crock pot and add 1 cup of beef broth, salt, and black pepper.
- Set crock pot to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Shred or serve whole. Enjoy!
I highly recommend serving these atop something to soak up the juices – such as this $0.90 and 40 Minute Cauliflower Faux-tato Salad or bread (especially homemade sourdough, if you’re into that sort of thing). You can also save the juices to make your next round of sautéed vegetables even better.
If you’re looking to create an incredible brunch, you can shred the short rib and serve it with eggs. Short ribs eggs benedict anyone??
- 3lb of short rib ~ $18
- 1 tsp of beef broth base ~ $0.25
- Spices ~ negligible
Cost per plate (4 servings) ~ $4.50
Make this recipe your secret weapon. For amazingly flavorful meat, you cannot do better than short rib. With less than 10 minutes of prep work, you cannot make a better use of your time. Next time you’re looking to impress your favorite carnivores either for dinner or brunch, go straight to this crock pot short rib recipe. You (and your guests) will be glad you did!
If you’re super into brunch, check out these other options:
- $4.50 and 30 Minute Sweet Potato Hash
- $2 and 7 Minute Creamy Scrambled Eggs
- $0.13 Home Roasted Coffee Bean Espressos
Or maybe you’re looking for incredible dinners, look no further:
- $5 and 15 Minute Scallops and Zucchini
- $1.75 and 30 Minute Saag Paneer
- $1.50 and 40 Minute Black Bean Soup
As always, make informed food decisions. Know your ingredients, know your costs!