$6 And 10 Minute Mason Jar of Almond Cashew Pesto
What makes eggs better? Pesto. What makes beans better? Pesto. What makes salad better? Pesto. What makes my life better? Pesto (and my beautiful, loving girlfriend, of course!). I think you’re starting to see the theme here. Pesto makes everything better. And what makes better, even better? A jar of almond cashew pesto that only costs $6 and can be made in 10 minutes.
Almond Cashew Pesto Recipe
$6 and 10 Minute Almond Cashew Pesto
- Food processor
- Citrus juicer (optional)
- 1 cup basil leaves (~25 grams, get yourself a food scale)
- 1/2 cup almond, roasted and salted
- 1/2 cup cashews, roasted and salted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until desired consistency is reached.
- That’s it! Enjoy!
- I’m serious there are no more steps!
- 1/2 cup of almonds ~$1.50
- 1/2 cup of cashews ~ $1.50
- 1/2 cup of olive oil ~ $1
- 25 grams of basil ~ $1.50 (Even cheaper if you grow your own!)
- 1 garlic clove ~ $0.10
- 1 TSBP of lemon juice ~ $0.15
Total cost for a Mason Jar of Cashew or Almond Pesto ~ $5.75
Pesto is no longer for restaurant meals only. Pesto can and should be an every-day-multiple-times-a-day sort of thing. Pesto is a great dish to play around with: experiment with pine nuts, walnuts, pecans or even sunflower seeds and find out what you like best. Then use it to take any already delicious home cooked meal to the next level. And, as hard as it may be, make sure to share!
What Cafe4111 recipes does this pesto go great on you ask? Here’s a few:
- $1.25 Crock Pot Turmeric Shredded Chicken
- $2 and 45 Minute Stir Fry
- $1 and 30 Minute Roasted Root Vegetables
As always, make informed food decisions. Know your ingredients, know your costs!